Thursday, April 2, 2009




Star Jones still has fat days — at least, in her head.

The former "View" co-host opens up on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to talk about her continued weight saga.

"I'm still 300 pounds in my head some days," Jones tells Oprah.

"I was an addict for all practical purposes, that I had never stuck to a real diet, that I'd never stuck to a real exercise program," the lawyer-turned-TV-personality says.

Though Jones underwent gastric bypass surgery in 2003, which helped her drop 160 pounds, Jones says she's still sensitive to criticism about her decision.

"The doctor said, 'If you don't make changes, you will die.' I had no choice," the 47-year-old says.

What's more, Jones says she's also still hurt by Barbara Walters' choice to kick her off the daytime talk show, "The View."

Walters asked Jones to leave after slimming down because the show's audience could no longer relate to her, according to a reportreports to Us magazine.

"I was hurt and upset initially," says Jones, who denied her gastric bypass at first despite widespread rumors.

"I'm so sorry that I placed a burden on my colleagues. I never asked them to lie."

Star Jones' appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" airs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment