Friday, April 17, 2009

Josh Hartnett: Sick From "Drinking Water in Third World Countries"


Josh Hartnett says his stomach scare -- which sent him to the hospital last month -- wasn't a big deal.

"I'm fine, I had a stomach bug -- it was literally, like, a 24 hour thing," the actor, 30, said at the Sixth Annual New Yorkers for Children Spring Dinner Dance Wednesday night.

"I was so dehydrated that I needed to be on a couple of IVs. I'm good," he continued.

Hartnett was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. at 1:45 a.m. from celebrity hot spot Cheateau Marmont, but his rep told Us then it was a "flare up" of an ongoing gastrointestinal problem that also plagued him while starring in the London stage version of Rain Man.

"[Media] made a huge deal about it because I left the Chateau Marmont -- you know," he said, naming the same hotel Lindsay Lohan got into her famous feud with Samantha Ronson's family. "That's where I always stay in L.A....you know, they wanna' come up with whatever they want to come up with."

Hartnett says his stomach has been bothering him "for months. It's been recurring because I've spent a lot of time in third world countries and I drink the water occasionally when I shouldn't, I shower and -- [it's] nothing to worry about!

"I'll be around for awhile," he joked.

Since his brief hospitalization, the actor has been spotted partying at Miami club Florida Room and Lit in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment