Friday, April 3, 2009

Idol's Megan Joy Speaks Out About Brother Heckling Kara DioGuardi


Megan Joy, who was voted off of American Idol Wednesday night, thought it was "kind of funny" that her brother heckled judge Kara DioGuardi.

"I'm always proud of my brother -- he's my boy and like me, he just can't help but be himself, and I wasn't surprised at all that he did
it," Joy told Usmagazine.com.

Her 21-year-old brother, C.J. Knudsen, yelled out, "Broken record!" while DioGuardi was critiquing Joy's rendition of "Turn Your Lights Down Low."

"It cracked me up," Joy admitted to Us. "I was glad that Kara ended up taking it light-heartedly, though!"

During a commercial break, DioGuardi approached Joy's brother and the rest of her family. When Joy's brother told her the comment was aimed at her, DioGuardi was taken aback. "I am? Why?" she asked. He then said "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase."

Does Joy agree with his comment?

"Well, we do hear that comment a lot, you know, and it kind of gets like, 'All right, well, we already know that!'" Joy told Us.

Although DioGuardi seemed upset at the time, Joy told reporters that the two talked it out.

"She was just kind of like, 'How dare you, who do you think you are?' and then she was like, 'Who are you?'" Joy said. "He was like, 'I'm her brother,' and she was like, 'Oooooh I see!' It was kind of funny."

No comments:

Post a Comment